Friday, November 21, 2008

November 21st - My dad is Paranoid (Lily)

It was out 2nd morning in Beijing. Last night we got a small air conditioner to cool the room down. The room stayed at 31 degrees Celsius. It was really hot. Every time we turned on the inside air conditioner it made the room too hot. The portable air conditioner helped cool the room down to about 26 degrees Celsius.

We slept much better because the noise didn't start until 7am and it was cooler in the room. When we woke up we went downstairs for breakfast and I had bacon, potato pies and a cheese and ham omelet.

After breakfast we went back to our room to get our things and then went downstairs to the lobby to meet William and an unexpected surprise visitor. It was Mya, one of my fuling sisters!!!


[Lily and Mya pose in front of the welcome Fuling families sign in the Hotel]

After meeting everyone in the lobby, we went to visit the Temple of Heaven. We did not get to ride rickshaws today, which was a bummer .... waaaaaaah.

[Temple of Heaven]


I tried to kick the hacky sack which people were playing with in the park. There were a lot of old people in the park, playing hacky sack, ribbons, dancing, and exercising. I was not able to understand a word they were saying to me.

[ Lily Tries Hacky Sack]
Today I learned how to say Bu Shei Shei - which means 'No Thank You'. I learned that to tell people 'No Thank You' when they tried to sell things to me. They were very pushy and followed us around.

[Temple of heaven]
We went to lunch at a Chinese restaurant. The food was not spicy this time. My favorite dish was the chicken dish. I learned how to use chopsticks, and I could even eat rice with them.


[Lunch time]

[Extreeeeeeme self portrait closeup]

After lunch we went to the market. I bought a fan and Mya and I posed with our new fans. The fan in handy later to cool me off. Dad also bought me a pair of boots in the market. My Dad bargained to get a good price. We also walked to a 'back room' down a dark hall to get a Guchi bag for our friend Heidi (yum yum). Dad bargained there as well.

[Mya and Lily pose with their fans]

Next we drove to Tian'anmen Square. William said over 1 million people could assemble in Tian'anmen Square and that it was the largest public square in the entire world. My new nickname for our guide William is either Hilliam or Pilliam.
We walked through the square, towards the forbidden city. We stopped and posed for some pictures.

[Lily holds chairman Mao in her hand]
We decided to jump on Willian in Tian'anmen Square.
[Mya, LuLu and Lily jump on William]


[William was telling us to hurry up when we were walking at Tian'anmen Square. ]

We were not able to get into the forbidden city today, because it was too late. We will try again tomorrow. After we got back, I played with my friends and Chessie, Carlie and JulieAnne came to our room for a visit.
That's it for today - Lily




2 comments:

John said...

WOW!!! You two are definitley citizens of the world now! Lily, what a big girl you are...I think you have gotten taller since I saw you last March! Take good care of each other, the photos are just so great! It's fun to get a vicarious experience of China...I will look forward to more stories too. Love you both, JOHN

Marcos Valle said...

Hi Lilly,
Looks like you are having a GREAT time! I love the pictures. I especially love the one in which you are holding Chairman Mao on your right hand and the EXTREME close-up. Your first post said it was really cold in Beijing, but suddenly it's really hot and you need an air-conditioner? Hmmmm. I need to go back and read some other posts, I think. I must have missed something. I miss seeing you in class in the morning, and I am sure your dad really misses Science rotation too. I hope things continue to go great for you and your dad. All the best.
Marquinho's dad.