Friday, November 21, 2008

November 21st - Censorship, I guess Not (Eric)

Ok - it's back up ---- It's a conspiracy I tell you!

I noticed today that the Blog that Lily and I have been authoring this trip to China is not accessible from my laptop. I had a trusty associate at work try the blog address from their side ericgetsout.blogspot.com. Works great from their side but it doesn't resolve from here.

I know there are a set of key words that can cause a web site or even a domain to be blocked at the Proxy that funnels all the Internet in and out of China. This happened before with my friends non-profit organization FKI, which supports the orphanages in Fuling China.

So I am wondering if there is something in our blog keyword wise that caused it to get blocked.
Am I paranoid? I think not. Maybe tomorrow will tell if I can access the blog.

Fortunately, Lily and I can still post articles, we just can't seem to look at the blog itself. If that changes, I will be happy to post a; "I am waaaay to paranoid post for my own good".

In the meantime, I am now wearing a tinfoil hat for the rest of the trip!

No comments: